4 oktober 2009

~Sunday Poem~

Painting Disappointed Love by Francis Danby

Disappointed Love
LIFE has dark secrets; and the hearts are few
That treasure not some sorrow from the world--
A sorrow silent, gloomy, and unknown,
Yet colouring the future from the past.
We see the eye subdued, the practised smile

The word well weighed before it pass the lip,
And know not of the misery within:
Yet there it works incessantly, and fears
The time to come; for time is terrible,
Avenging, and betraying.

~Letitia Elizabeth Landon (1802-1838)

5 opmerkingen:

Hermes zei

Not a cheery poem, she was definately down when she wrote that. But very intense and heartfelt and just the right picture for it.

Anna zei

maybe because I am a little down myself!!!

Hermes zei

Sorry to hear that Anna - we all have days like that, but I hope you feel brighter soon.

Anna zei

I want to build a Animal Shelter which is also open for children, disabled, terminally ill and the elderly.
My dream is falling apart!
that makes me feel very down!

Hermes zei

I'm very sorry to hear that Anna, such a good cause. Cliche coming up - but I've often genuinely found that when one door closes another in my life has opened up. Anyone who likes Tanita Tikaram is bound to win in the end.